Species protection assessment (SPA, syn. species protection report)
The species protection assessment based on species protection law, also called the species protection report, tests the species protection requirements in accordance with European regulations. This species protection assessment is required by law for all planning and approval procedures subject to authorisation.
We leverage our extensive experience to provide you with advice and assistance while giving due consideration to the relevant regulations in the realisation your project.
- Surveying all the animal and plant species that are relevant for the project
- Assessing potential conflicts with species protection regulations
- Depiction of the impact on a species by species basis
- Development of prevention, mitigation and compensation measures
- Testing of exceptional circumstances
- Provision of support and advice during the process
- Coordination with the nature conservation authorities